Major venues and towns are shown on the maps page.
Here are the main venues for any major New Zealand Rugby matches. The number of Rugby World cup games they hosted in 2011 is in brackets. 12 cities hosted 48 games in 2011.
Main North Island Venues (north to South approx):
- Northland Events Centre, Whangarei (2 RWC games)
- North Harbour Stadium, Albany, Auckland (4 RWC games)
- Eden Park, Auckland (11 RWC games)
- FMG Waikato Stadium, Hamilton (3 RWC games)
- Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua (3 RWC games)
- Baypark Stadium, Tauranga
- McLean Park, Napier (2 RWC games)
- Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth (3 RWC games)
- Westpac Stadium, Wellington (7 RWC games)
- Arena Manawatu, Palmerston North (2 RWC games)
- Trafalgar Park, Nelson (3 RWC games)
- AMI Stadium, Christchurch (0 RWC games) - now closed due to Earthquake damage. Games are held at Rugby Park instead
- Carisbrook Stadium, Dunedin (0 RWC games)
- Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin (4 RWC games)
- Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill (3 RWC games)
International matches are usually held in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin or Hamilton. Eden Park in Auckland is considered to be New Zealands main stadium.
Heartland Rugby matches are held in many of the smaller towns of New Zealand - taking rugby to the grassroots!